Lyco Students Present Art Thesis Projects | News, Sports, Jobs
The final thesis work of 12 Lycoming College graduates will be exhibited at the Lycoming College Art Gallery from April 8 to May 14, beginning with a talk at 5:30 p.m. on opening night according to a press release. The gallery is open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., and the exhibitions are free and open to the public.
The Lycoming College Senior Show is the culmination of thesis projects for all seniors with a studio art major, and all studio art majors are required to produce a cohesive body of professional work for display. The 2022 Senior Art Exhibition features works and artist statements from the following senior graduates:
• Medhavi Bhunjun (Mauritius) – art: specialization in painting and psychology
• Kiersten Block (Palmyra, Pennsylvania) – art: generalist major with teaching certificate
• Thu Ha (Vietnam) – art: major in graphic design, minor in photography
• Ethan Ilchert (Norwalk, Connecticut) – art: graphic design and art: specialization in 3D animation
• Charise Johnson (Washington, DC) – art: painting and art: photography/digital specialization
• Bronwen Lewis (Cresaptown, Md.) – art: graphic design and art: major in photography, minor in art history
• Dominick Massaro (Centereach, NY) – art: graphic design major
• Megan Oyler (Bedford, Pennsylvania) – art: generalist major with teaching certificate
• Kaitlin Parks (Williamsport) – art – photography/digital major, 2D animation minor
• Kacee Reitz (Milton, Pennsylvania) – art: generalist major with teaching certificate
• Valeria Rivera (El Salvador) – art: major in graphic design and business administration, minor in art history
• Kaylee Wade (Muncy) – art history and art: specialization in painting
The Lycoming College Art Gallery, located in downtown Williamsport at 25 W. Fourth St., contributes to the arts culture of the city and allows the College to become more involved in the community around it, according to a press release from hurry. Art students at Lycoming have the opportunity to interact with visiting artists and learn first-hand about the inner workings of a gallery.
Lycoming College’s art program offers all the benefits of a stand-alone art school while providing a traditional liberal arts education, providing students with exciting and inspiring opportunities and opening their minds to wider possibilities. The Art Department is recognized for its innovative curriculum, cutting-edge digital design, and outstanding faculty of professional practicing teachers and artists.