IT Technician | Jobs at Buckrail
Energy 1 LLC is recruiting a Computer and Information Systems Technician to join our team. We are a fast-growing, nationally recognized construction and design company specializing in turnkey energy solutions for high-end residential and commercial customers. We specialize in the design of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and renewable systems and provide contracting, operations, maintenance and management services, all focused on creating sustainable energy systems.
You will report to the IT manager and act as a key member of the corporate administration team. Your primary responsibilities are to improve business efficiency by supporting Energy 1 staff, resolving IT issues and assisting with day-to-day IT operational tasks. This work is a mix of hardware know-how, software integration and creative problem solving.
Concretely, you will:
- Participate in day-to-day IT operational tasks (set up new computers and accounts, etc.)
- Support Energy 1 personnel and perform basic troubleshooting on computers, printers, phones, and other hardware.
- Entry-level systems administration for M365, Microsoft AD/Azure
- Support the IT Manager with network tasks and troubleshooting as needed.
- Configure and install computers, telephones and related equipment, network hardware and racks, install cables as required and assist other Energy 1 staff as required with general office duties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of IT support experience in a fast-paced IT environment.
- Experience with Windows AD/Azure AD, M365 (Exchange/Teams/SharePoint/ET AL), Apple iOS and MacOS, MS Hyper-V, NAS, MDM, remote support applications, OSI model and networking and wiring. Not all are mandatory but will need to be learned on the job.
- Associate’s degree in a field related to IT support or equivalent work experience.
- Have good customer service skills and work well with others.
- Be willing to help with tasks outside of IT department responsibilities.
- Be able to work independently and within the guidelines, processes and procedures established by the IT manager
We are a dynamic and collaborative office, and we appreciate people who work hard and are fun to work with! If you are analytical, enthusiastic about learning new things, a creative problem solver who loves all things tech, and want to help move our business forward, this job is done. for you. We need a reliable team player who can handle the details and see the big picture. Candidates must be autonomous and able to juggle multiple tasks and change priorities without wasting time. Excellent organizational and monitoring skills are required. A minimum of 2 years of basic IT experience, plus previous experience with web forms, API integration and/or website back-end. Project management experience useful. College degree preferred, but degree doesn’t matter if you have the skills and mindset to succeed.
Full-time (40 hours per week with occasional overtime) with flexible hours between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. MF. Rare evening and weekend work required, and occasional travel between offices in Bozeman, MT and Jackson, WY.
To apply, send your CV to [email protected] and tell us in the email about your most recent IT success story.
Energy 1 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave, compensation and training .