Graphic Designer – TV News Check
WTLV and WJXX, the NBC and ABC subsidiaries of Tegna in Jacksonville, Fla., Grouped together as First Coast News, are looking for a Graphic Designer.
American News and World Report ranks Jacksonville 22nd best places to live and 26the The best places to retire.
Jacksonville is the largest metropolitan area by land mass in the continental United States, and it offers a range of culturally and aesthetically diverse neighborhoods around the downtown area. Located near the Atlantic coast in northeast Florida, Jacksonville is connected by bridges, crossing rivers to unite downtown residents with nearby beaches. Restaurants, shops and entertainment options fill every neighborhood in Greater Jacksonville. There are nature trails for hiking and marshes for kayaking. There is history to see and business to develop. In fact, the region has seen an ignition of its artistic and music scene, stimulating the development of business which has led to a demand for a higher standard of living.
Do you know how to brand a duopoly, create an image that tells a story, and sell a product as a multimedia designer?
First Coast News is looking for someone who reaps versatility in animated graphics and static design and who commands attention with their creativity for all platforms.
The right candidate must be ready to live and breathe the On Your Side BRAND as well as pass it on to others on air and online. There is no better opportunity to put your skills to use in a Top 45 market with an award-winning team of seasoned marketers than First Coast News On Your Side.
Our news, weather, sports and lifestyle teams create content that puts the First Coast News On Your Side brand front and center.
We are looking for an innovative multimedia designer who can take a brand-centric approach in producing high-quality, high-impact designs.
This super star will know how to infuse it into all areas of First Coast News; from sales to news, digital, lifestyle and marketing.
You need to be collaborative, positive and most importantly, a team player. If this sounds like you, we have an immediate opening on our list.
At least 3 years of experience in television and digital design, with a focus on branding is preferred.
Bring your larger-than-life ideas to sunny Jacksonville, Florida, and join a team that strives to win, do well for the viewer, and do well for each other.
We want to give this design star the opportunity to add more metal to their coats while giving their family the chance to live, work and play in Heaven.
- Design and animate broadcast, digital and print graphics for the NBC and ABC duopoly that is First Coast News; including logo design, info graphics, branding, marketing, sales and news projects.
- Knowledge of graphics and animation of virtual sets, a plus. Will train the right person.
- he’s amazing design and animation skills.
- Excellent communicator and leader.
- Working knowledge of various CG designs; Chryon and Vertigo software and applications a plus.
- Applicant must have had formal training in design / art and preferably in motion at a business school or college – please do not apply if you are not a designer.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years experience as a motion designer in a TV design environment is preferred with key knowledge of Chyron and / or Vertigo models.
- Strong execution skills in Adobe products, in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects, Cinema 4D and Premiere Pro are expected.
- Able to work under tight deadlines,
- Know that change is a constant in TV broadcasting, take leadership effectively and productively
- Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Work under pressure, develop strategic plans for a 365 day TV schedule, manage multiple activities, prioritize deadlines, collaborate productively and positively.
- Apply strategic thinking, achieve goals, continuously work on self-development.
- Communicate and work as a team knowing that there is no such thing as an âIâ in a team.
- Be a link to cross departmental borders.
- Ability to present and present concepts to managers, customers and other employees
- Work a flexible schedule; this is a handy bridge during extreme weather conditions and last minute news scenarios
Provide work samples from all platforms; animated, still and digital graphics that EXCITE US!
Work environment: on site in Jacksonville
Physical requirements: light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Set of working environment: indoors
Set of physical requirements: Light work: involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company serving the greater good of our communities. Across all platforms, TEGNA tells inspiring stories, conducts impactful surveys and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 TV stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of the top 4 affiliate networks in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39% of all TV households nationwide. TEGNA also owns the major True Crime Network and Quest multicast networks. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers on TV, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, identity of gender, family responsibilities, disability, college or vocational school enrollment, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.